Brought to you by: Penn State Schuylkill
200 University Drive
Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972
10 Easy Steps to Financial Aid
1. Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Apply online at [|http://www.fafsa.ed.gov]
2. Receive SAR (Student Aid Report) from the Federal Processor
SAR information is forwarded to your chosen school
3. Review SAR
Make corrections if necessary on part 2 and return to the federal processor
4. Review Award Notification Letter
This letter informs you about what types of Aid you may be eligible to receive.
5. Complete PHEAA (PA Higher Education Assistance Agency) Grant Status Notification Letter.
Expect your PHEAA award letter after May 15 (PA Residents Only)
6. Complete Verification if Notified by Chosen School
You may be required to mail copies of tax forms, W-2s, birth certificate, etc.
7. Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note
E-Sign your Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note by using your PIN
8. Determine Need for a Parent (PLUS) Loan or Private Loans
9. Begin searching for scholarships
Check with high school guidance counselors.